Coccyx pain can often be extremely painful and debilitating, home care remedies below are aimed at controlling the pain and avoiding further irritation to the coccyx:
- Avoid sitting down on hard surface for long periods of time. When sitting on hard surface lean forward and direct weight away from the tailbone.
- Purchase a U-shaped 100% memory foam seat cushion. This cushion helps to avoid direct painful contact against the coccyx area. You can purchase this cushion on Amazon at the following web address https://www.baraimporting.uk/innova-orthopedic-seat-cushion.html
- Use NSAIDs (Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) for pain control. These are available at any pharmacy without a prescription. However, if you want strong NSAIDs you will need to go to the Doctor who will make a prescription.
- Eat foods high in fibre to soften stools and avoid constipation, which can sometimes cause worsening pain in the coccyx area.
- For traumatic injuries, apply ice to the tailbone area for 15-20 minutes, four times a day, for first few days after the injury. Wrap the ice (or ice pack) in a towel so that it doesn’t directly touch your skin and cause an ice burn.