Main cause of low back pain is the result of an injury such as muscle sprains or strains due to sudden movements or poor body mechanics while lifting heavy objects.
Low back pain can also be the result of certain diseases such as, cancer of a spinal cord, a ruptured or herniated disc, sciatica, kidney infections or infections of the spine.
Other conditions that cause lower back pain include:
- arthritis – inflammation of the joints
- fibromyalgia – long term pain and tenderness in the joints, muscles & tendons
- spondylitis – inflammation of the joints between the spinal bones
- spondytosis – degenerative disorder that may cause loss of normal spinal structure and function
- additional health conditions that can cause lower back pain include: kidney and bladder problems, pregnancy, endometriosis, ovarian cyst, uterine fibrosis, cancer