Most cases of coccyx pain that are caused by injury improve within several weeks with proper medication and self-care with home remedies. However, the healing time for coccyx pain ultimately depends of many factors, for example:
- the underlying cause of the coccyx pain (whether from trauma, tumour or infection).
- if due to trauma, the severity of the injury (a bruise, fracture or dislocation) determines the healing time.
- the patient’s ability to comply with medical treatment.
- the person’s underlying general health and natural ability to recuperate and heal.
- some people suffer from chronic coccyx discomfort despite medical treatment. This can be an extremely frustrating and debilitating problem.