Your chiropractor must clearly explain to you what they found during your examination, how they propose to treat you and the benefits or any significant risks associated with your condition and proposed treatment.
Below are some of the questions you may ask your chiropractor:
- will the treatment hurts?
- Can someone come in the treatment room with you?
- Will you be treated in a private room? Most chiropractor treat patients in a private room. However, some chiropractor use an open plan room with several treatment tables and more than one patient are treated at once.
- Will x-rays be needed? Your chiropractor should only recommend that an x-ray is taken if there is a valid clinical reason for doing so.
- What if the treatment doesn’t seem to help?
- What are the costs? Costs vary depending upon the location and the nature of the clinic.
- How can you make sure that the treatment is safe? https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/chiropractic/