WHY KEEPING ACTIVE IS IMPORTANT?
- moving around will prevent the joints in your spine from getting stiff
- it will keep your muscles strong
- you will feel more positive
- it will reduce the severity of your pain
- you are more likely to be able to return to work quickly
WHAT TYPE OF EXERCISE?
The type of exercise you should do will vary depending on your level of fitness. There is no perfect type of exercise for back pain. It is therefore much better that you do a type of exercise which you enjoy and you are likely to stick to. This include: