Laptops allow us to be able to work more flexibly but, they have been blamed for causing back, neck and shoulder problems. The feature that makes laptops very portable, such as a screen attached to the keyboard, is the same feature that makes it difficult for people to adopt correct posture when using them.
Below are some ways to make laptop safer and more comfortable to use:
- Use a laptop on a stable base where there is support for arms.
- Use a separate keyboard and mouse so the laptop can be put on a stand and the screen opened at eye level.
- Take regular breaks and walk around. If you are moving there is a lot less stress on your muscles and joints.
- Sit properly with lower back support and ensure other desk equipment are within reach.
- Get into good habits before the aching of the back starts. Neck. shoulder and back problems gradually build up over time.