The first visit to your doctor when you have sciatica pain may be very stressful because you don’t know if indeed what you are experiencing is sciatica pain or you have a sprain or you accidentally pulled a muscle. Below are some of the questions to ask your doctor in this first visit:
- Is my activity level or lack of it attributed to this pain?
- Is this pain permanent?
- What is sciatica and how to differentiate it from a sprain or pulled muscle?
- How to diagnose sciatica and how to diagnose a sprain on the back?
- Will I need surgery?
- If I have sciatica, will it clear up after a few weeks with medication?
- Will physical therapy or acupuncture help my pain? When do I start physical therapy or acupuncture?
- Will I be able to do things I could do before the pain started?
- Is this condition hereditary? https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sciatica/